About the job
Be part of the next wave of disruption- 5G & Industry 4.0
5G is the biggest disruption since the smartphone, powering the new industrial 4.0 digital economy. Our client is the first to market with a patent-pending platform that enables developers to build & deploy next-generation applications on a 5G network.
Their team is enabling the ecosystem of next-gen applications and looking for visionaries to join our rapidly growing team!
We are a well-funded, institutionally backed startup led by a team of former industry heavyweights from Cisco, Juniper Networks, Nortel, EY, and Macquarie Group with two startup exits and 4 patents under our belts.
They are building a solution that will transform the fashion in which applications are being enabled on the networks, especially a 5G network. We are in the midst of building a virtual appliance that will leverage 5G‘s core and Radio Access Network (O-RAN etc.) to enable optimized network services for end-user applications.
- Understanding of Core Network protocols, a good understanding of network architecture of 5G/4G networks
- Experience in developing or integrating with real-time systems for networking products
- Experience in developing with Software Defined Network Elements is an asset
- Understanding of Network protocols and access (MPLS, OpenPGP, OpenFlow) is an asset
- Understanding of networking principles and concepts (SDN-WAN, SDN, labeling, routing, etc.) is an asset
- Understanding of 3GPP/5G network management, including Radio configuration, QoS management, SLA management, Netconf, SNMP, and directives is an asset
- Working-level knowledge of different 3GPP defined protocol layer & stack, and specification is an asset; Should have a working knowledge of 5G/4G technologies on the Radio side and Transport side
- Team player
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
- Excited to make a difference by working in a start-up environment – minimal
- supervision, out of box thinker
- Interested in becoming a key contributor, at the foundational stage of a start-up’s journey
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with Agile mindset;
- Experience working with Scrum APM practices and tools including Jira, Confluence, Git etc.
- Possess knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
- Should have knowledge of the Software Application development process with
- an understanding of REST API calls.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead Scrum Teams as the Product Owner
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders
- throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate number of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Define product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with the Sales and Technology team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team
- of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Competitive base salary plus bonus
- Equity options
Location: Mississauga, ON