Remote: ON, BC, AB
Making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of exceptional engineers to join us as we climb to the next level. Currently we are at Pre-A stage, there is still plenty of room to grow both for you and the company.
About the Role
You’ll be the go-to person on tough technical problems in the team. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Architect, design and implement data platform to enable and empower financial intelligence
- Solve performance, scalability problems as we grow our customer base
- Build MLOps into the platform for on-demand and incremental prediction model update
- Tackle the integration problems to piping in data from a growing number of e-commerce platforms and financial apps, services
- Work with product managers, financial experts to offer intuitive user experience, making financial insights more accessible, actionable to everyday business owner
- Help building the team, mentoring other members of the engineering team, extend your technical influence inside and outside of the engineering team.
Why you’ll love working here
First, a place for growth: given the volatility of the market, our tool is addressing the pain point of small business owners. We are positioned to grow. The team is currently small and expanding, you can be influential.
Secondly, great culture and great people: trust and psychological safety are high – you can expect to be challenged and given a place to do great work. Our culture fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
The team is experienced and knowledgeable, strong finance experience (including Capital One, VC firms) and engineering backgrounds at multiple early-stage startups, and previous experience as founder and CEO of a YC startup.
What We’re Looking For
- Full stack tech lead with tracking record on building and delivering successful SaaS products. 7+ years of industry experience with 2-3+ years in a tech lead roles.
- Past experience of working on data pipeline is required.
- Proficient in software development on AWS or Heroku.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- High motivation and ability to tolerate ambiguity
An especially strong candidate may also have one or more of the following:
- Experience on MLOps
- Experience building analytics tools
- Experience working in startups
- Experience in fintech