Our client is a Global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges.
“Where’s my tax refund?” “How’s my business doing?” “Can I afford to buy that?”
Every day, millions of people and businesses around the world rely on our products to answer these questions. Increasingly, our users expect to converse in natural language to accomplish these tasks instead of navigating menus and windows.Join the Conversational Experiences team as Staff Software Developer to accelerate the next generation of conversational experiences across our products. As part of the team, you will work with product managers, user experience designers, and data scientists to rapidly deliver tools, software components, and web services that serve both internal developers and end users. Conversational Experiences (aka CUI, Conversational AI) is at the intersection of exciting progress in machine learning, computer science and user experience. Be ready to learn fast and boldly innovate beyond the currently accepted normal.
- BS/MS in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- Expert software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- 8+ years of experience developing highly scalable web applications
- Expert knowledge of backend software development using Java Spring or NodeJS to expose and consume RESTful web services, Async message queues/topics
- Working knowledge of AWS development and operations
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
Nice to have:
- High level understanding of modern Machine Learning, evaluation of ML models, and Natural Language Understanding
- As a technical leader on the team: ensures the team deeply understands customer problems and deliver products to delight them
- Go-to technical expert of the product and key advisor for tech direction across teams
- End to end tech ownership of full stack web application: design, develop, automated testing, document, delivery, and operate
- Roughly 60% hands-on coding. Deliver and review for awesome code with attention to quality, scalability, maintainability and performance.
- Design and plan technical solutions so the team can work efficiently to deliver the product vision incrementally
- Lead the team to identify and measure product/user metrics and use these to inform product and design decisions
- Work with team to prioritize and execute user stories
- Identify and resolve cross team dependencies to unblock the team
- Proactively look for ways to improve code, processes and team
- Mentor colleagues with a technical and growth perspective