Remote: ON, BC, AB, NS, QC
Making cash management and forecasting accessible to the everyday business owner. Founded in Fall 2019, with the goal of democratizing finance, our rapidly growing and well-funded startup is in need of exceptional engineers to join us as we climb to the next level.
About the Role
You’ll be instrumental in a small and fast pace engineering team and take ownership of your work at every stage of the development lifecycle from concept through delivery. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Work with product manager and financial experts closely on designing features for customers
- Take ownership to tackle the implementation and continue optimization it over iterations
- Solve performance and scalability issues to rightsize our platform for the growing stage we are in
- Tackle our need for fast integrations to e-commerce platform, apps with creative problem-solving skills
- Contribute to enhance our CI/CD and test automation capabilities
Why you’ll love working here
First, working on interesting problems in a place for growth: Given the volatility of the market, our tool is addressing the pain point of small business owners. We are positioned to grow. The team is currently small and expanding, you can be influential.
Secondly, be with a great culture and great people: trust and psychological safety are high – you can expect to be challenged and given a place to do great work. Our culture fosters transparent, appreciative feedback, respect, and empathy.
The team is experienced and knowledgeable, strong finance experience (including Capital One, VC firms) and engineering backgrounds at multiple early-stage startups, and previous experience as founder and CEO of a YC startup..
What We’re Looking For
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, 3-5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in SQL, relational databases, and data modeling
- Experience with ETL data pipeline, analytics
- Familiar with developing on AWS or Heroku
- Knowledge of basic ML concepts are preferred, but not required
- Desire to constantly learn and grow both personally and professionally.
An especially strong candidate may also have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of test automation
- Knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD tool chains
- Experience working in startups.